So, I can use the mouse to adjust `tmux` panes in Terminals wider than
223 characters (I'm not sure *how*, as theoretically the xterm
sequences should only support indexing up to 223 characters in both X
and Y *anyway*, if I recall correctly.) Similarly, `vim` and `nano -m`
both support Terminals wider than 223 columns.

However, when console applications such as those are launched *inside*
a single, large `tmux` pane, I can no longer mouse-address columns
past 223. (This is particularly problematic for me, personally,
because that's almost precisely the section of my screen where my vim
directory-tree sits. :P)

Is this a bug, or intended functionality? If intended, why?

⁓ ELLIOTTCABLE — fly safe.
  http://ell.io/tt