I hadn't had a need for this until now where I am setting up my iPhone for
doing work inside tmux from either the Prompt 2 app or the MTerminal Cydia
app.

It is really only comfortable to have one pane open at a time given the
limited amount of columns and rows available on a phone screen. I would
like very much to be able to attach to a session that is ongoing and which
has many panes open, but to use it by cycling through all the panes in zoom
mode.

The only problem is (please correct me if I'm wrong, there is not too much
mention of any more zoom features in the manpage) that it seems the default
behavior for tmux pane zoom is hardcoded such that we automatically unzoom
when switching to the next pane (e.g. Prefix+o). This makes sense of course
in the typical situation to kind of forcibly remind us that the window we
are in still in fact contains some hidden panes.

So, I am hoping maybe there is a hidden option that will let me set
conditional to $TERM or anything else, that I can use to set with my small
devices only so that we don't auto-unzoom upon switching panes. I will use
a custom tmux status bar to remind me how many panes exist in the current
window.

There is a valid workaround approach which would be to make or reconfigure
keybinds commands for next/prev pane that simply call zoom immediately
after switching, but I would imagine that this is suboptimal because a lot
of bandwidth and terminal render time will be wasted on rendering all the
panes again and then hiding them again and resizing all the panes over and
over unnecessarily.

Thanks