I've got the exact same setup and can't reproduce your problem.
Here's my .tmux.conf for reference
https://github.com/cHoco/dotFiles/blob/master/tmux.conf

--
Enrico Ghirardi

Il giorno 24 maggio 2015 @ 10:49:00, Robert Irelan (rire...@gmail.com) ha
scritto:

Subject: Mouse click on right pane when left pane focused doesn't
change focus

Ever since I've started running tmux 2.1 from Git, I've had the
following issue: when I split a window vertically, I can click on
the left pane to move tmux's focus to that pane, but when focused on
the left pane, clicking the right pane does not move the focus and,
moreover, causes corruption of the terminal in the left pane (the
right pane is unaffected).

Steps to reproduce:

1. Build at commit f538f2a.

2. Start a new tmux session. My server is Ubuntu 14.04; my client is iTerm2
   2.1.1 running on OS X 10.10. TERM=screen-256color. The terminal dimensions
   are 238x64.

3. Split the pane vertically using `C-b %`. The original terminal is
   now in the right pane.

4. Resize the split using the mouse -- I resized it to 85x64.

5. Click the mouse on the right pane -- nothing unusual happens. I
   have the setting
   `bind-key -T root MouseDown1Pane select-pane -t = ; send-keys -M`.

6. Click the mouse on the left pane. Focus goes to the left pane.

7. Click the mouse on the left pane -- nothing unusual happens.

8. Click the mouse on the right pane. The focus does not go to the
   right pane.  Furthermore, some line noise appears in the terminal on
   the left and I need to run `reset` to get it working correctly again.

I've also attached a screenshot of the terminal after it's been
corrupted, as well as the results of `infocmp screen-256color`.