Bill Shupp wrote:
Adam Woodbeck wrote:

I've been running Matt Simerson's FreeBSD qmail toaster for several years now and I'm getting ready to build a linux toaster. I've been warned of queue problems when running qmail under linux due to the way linux handles fsyncs. I did some searching and found that if I included syncdir (http://untroubled.org/syncdir/) in my qmail build, fsyncs will be handled as qmail expects. Is this still an issue because I do not see anywhere in the toaster setup where syncdir is linked in. Thanks for your help.

I'm not aware of any general fsync problems on Linux. Anyone else had first hand problems with this?

Hi,

If I remember correctly, which I may not, there was a sync problem with one of the first releases of ReiserFS. I don't believe there are any issues with any of the recent file systems.

Google shows a lot of potential problems back in 2000/2001 ( http://oss.sgi.com/archives/linux-xfs/2001-05/msg00343.html ) but I don't see anything recent.

Regards,

Rick