Mário Júnior wrote:

I 've been trying to setup the spamthrottle with the toater patch and I've
created the spamt file

# cat /var/qmail/control/spamt

:/24:2000:120000::60:::

.

Qmail-showctl recognize the file as OK :

# qmail-showctl
spamt/spamt.cdb: Modified recently enough; hopefully up to date.

spamt.cdb (defaults):
       throttle constant: 2000ms
       throttle max: 120000ms
       reasonable recipient count: 60
       pre-DATA flush? no
       teergrubing periodicity: not active
       spam throttle (state) directory: construct 24-bit directory from
remote IP
       other active network blocks (bits): none

But my directory /var/qmail/spam has no entries. What is missing in my
configuration?

/var/qmail/spam must be owned by the user that qmail-smtpd runs as. In this case, vpopmail:vchkpw. NOTE: Each time you re-install qmail, that directory gets chowned qmail:nofiles I believe. You need to manually chown it back to vpopmail:vchkpw. I think I even mention that in the toaster.

Regards,

Bill