Hi Kania,

it depends a lot on which client you're using. Eudora has a good handling of rejected users. chkuser (qmail-smtpd) tells exactly which is the wrong recipient, but some e-mail clients do not handle it.

Anyway, I feel chkuser should mainly be used on MX systems, and not on relay systems, just to avoid this problem and give a clear error to all clients.

Tonino