Hank wrote:
I finally got this working.

Not simple or straightforward by any means (for me).

I understand the power and flexibility of the maildrop language, but
boy, it sure would be nice to have a simplified version to allow
simple filtering.

You should try procmail. Then you'd have a greater appreciation for maildrop.. ;)

One important thing to note.. now that I have "|
/usr/local/bin/maildrop" in the .qmail files for each user, I can now
no longer use  qmailadmin to modify those accounts - it strips out the
maildrop line from .qmail, rendering any filters offline.

You can, just use the "--enable-modify-spam" option. You can set the command with "--enable-spam-command='| preline /usr/local/bin/maildrop'"

Regards,

Bill