I'm learning as I go, so please bear with me for some simple questions.

I didn't want to have an open relay, so I have rcpthosts set to "any
domain", since that's the only way I could get qmail to allow me to
send mail out to any person.  But that creates an open relay.

So I changed the qmail-smtp port to 2525, which worked, but now I
can't get incoming mail from other people, so I changed it back to 25.

So I'm a little confused... how do I set up a mail server to not be an
open relay, but allow certain users to authenticate and connect to
send mail through the server, yet still accept mail to any domain on
the box from any other sender?

thanks.

--

-Hank