Bill D'Anjou wrote:
This topic prompts me to ask.... & forgive me if this is a newbie question - I am a newbie &
not familiar with working on code.  Does the code for spamthrotle run above ALL else?  It just seems
to me we can't run chkusr or greylist or anything if our server is getting clobbered by a spammer.
(Maybe spamthrottle runs at a whole different level - & IS run before these other
"processes."  As I said, forgive me if it's a dumb question.)

I've brought up a few servers using this toaster.... I find it very helpful!
Thank-you all.

Spam Throttle is run last. It works by inserting a delay after the DATA command based on the number of RCPT TOs this ip or netblock has issued within a block of time. The DATA command happens after RCPT TO, where all other non-rbl and non-tcprules allow/deny checks are done (CHKUSER, bad(mailfrom/rcptto), greylisting.

Regards,

Bill