On Apr 13, 2008, at 7:52 AM, aichains wrote:
hi bill,

thanks for your work!

for some reason when i add a forward for a domain, i get
a .qmail-FWDNAME in the domain's homedir rather than a line inserted in
vpopmail.valias mysql table.  is that the correct/intended behavior ?

here is the configure line for my vpopmail (5.4.25)

$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/vpopmail \
--enable-tcpserver-file=/var/qmail/control/cdb/public.rules \
--enable-file-sync --enable-qmail-ext --enable-auth-module=mysql \
--enable-logging=v --enable-mysql-limits --enable-mysql-replication \
--enable-valias --enable-onchange-script --disable-users-big-dir \
--no-create --no-recursion

i think the --enable-valias bit is the issue im seeing...

os is centos5, 32bit.

This might be a vpopmaild issue. Using the cdb backend, I don't get these results. I'll have to setup a MySQL test environment to see if I can reproduce this. But this might not be for a few days.

also, a feature i always wanted in qmailadmin was an account that could
control all domains from one login...i thought the provisions for this
were already built into vpopmail's bitmask permission schema
(vmoduser -S)...

You can't currently make that change in ToasterAdmin (but will be able to later). But in the meantime, you can grant it from the command line (vmoduser -S [EMAIL PROTECTED]), and then log into ToasterAdmin as [EMAIL PROTECTED] . Now [EMAIL PROTECTED] will be able to modify all domains.

Regards,

Bill