Arun Katkere  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
> Great software, but it is not easy to convince that to folks used to near
> instantaneous page compilation/load times of JServ/GNUJSP/jikes combo that
> Tomcat is the greatest thing out there when they sit waiting for 30-45
> seconds waiting for page to compile (or even just load!!). We are not
> talking about bottlenecks in outside code. It is the same with Tomcat sample
> JSPs.

I have never been waiting 30-45 seconds with Tomcat, not even on my experimentel
Linuxbox - a Pentium 100MHz with 64 MB. It is more like 5-10 seconds. I tried Rasin
with Jikes last night, wich compiled new jsp-pages so fast (< 1s), that I thougth I
had made a mistake updating my files.
But overall I really really like Tomcat. So keep up the good work.

-Casper