Hola Paul:

I'm the responsible of the presence of JDBCRealm in tomcat 3.x and 4.x
from a code contributed by Carson Mc. Donald, FYI. I'm responsible too
of any bugs in JDBCRealm, by auto asignation :-), and only maintainer.

> The initial error is here, and I can't figure out where it
> comes from.  If I
> execute the SQL manually from the command line (double
> checking all variable
> names etc. and enclosing paul in \'\s) it works correctly.

Please put the class attached in your classes dir inside
%TOMCAT_HOME%/classes/org/apache/tomcat/request/ dir , create it if
needed , it's  a slightly ( a single printstackstrace) modifyied for you
to get some more info about the initial error you have...

> This traceback reflects the fact that roles[0] in line 509 is
> not there.

ughhhhhh, another stupid mistake with Java Arrays , thanks.. @:-)

The rest it's caused by the first error that make unstable the JDBC
Driver i think, please search the archives some person some time ago,
had problems with postgres too , perhaps.....

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega

JDBCRealm.class