> Remy Maucherat wrote:
>
> > > Also, in which package should this tester code reside, really?
> >
> > org.apache.catalina.valves.tester ?
>
> Well, if the hi-tech stocks continue to dive, I guess we can all go get
jobs as
> plumbers, testing valves :-)

Oh, ok, it all makes sense now. You were planning your reconversion when you
designed Catalina ;)

> > Doing that will make it end up in the Catalina JAR, which is not a big
> > problem IMO, but perhaps it could be packaged separately. We could add a
> > src/test directory and put it in there.
> >
> > > I'm aprehensive about mixing the tester code in with the regular
> > > Catalina code..
> >
> > Well, as long as it builds and has no strange dependencies ...
>
> How about if we do this?  One thing that didn't get ported over to
Catalina yet
> is the test webapp that is in the 3.x workspace.  I'd like to bring that
over
> (although we might want to leverage the updated GTest task for Ant that is
in
> "jakarta-watchdog-4.0").  Would it make sense to add some stand-alone
testing
> infrastructure like Jason's test harness here as well?

Yes.

Actually, I'm planning on having a test suite for WebDAV (with an emphasis
on the DAV extensions - DAV ACL, Delata V, DASL) as part of Slide, based on
JUnit. Of course, there will be a server side part to this test suite
(packaged as a web app).
This test suite will be based of the new HTTP and WebDAV client library
which is part of Slide.

Is all that something similar to what you want ?

Remy