Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: tomcat version 3.1
   JVM Release: jdk1.2.2
   Operating System: window2000
   OS Release: version 5.2195
   Platform: window

Synopsis:
Tomcat make illegal operation and close itself suddenly

This situation is that my project require to make 4 modules that are jsp, servlet,
javabean and library modules. The relation of  them are that

    jsp <-> javabean <-> library
   jsp <-> servlet <-> library

This library module are responsible for all database related functions, and other
modules only get , transform and send data to library.

About my database related source codes use only basic syntax
such as

   Class.forName(DRIVER);
   conn = DriverManager.getConnection(url);
   stmt = conn.createStatement();
   rst = stmt.executeQuery(sql);

   -> DRIVER = sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver
   -> url = jdbc:odbc:[my DSN name]

I found that when I view JSP page or make servlet  request  through web browser. Many
times tomcat program make illegal operation and then window200 terminate it suddenly.
I don't know what are cause. I try to check this situation by
creating new servlet source code whose functions only sequentially select data from
3-5 tables in one database. The result is that I still found this illegal operation.

My test servlet source code is that

  ... CODE HEADER ...
   try {
   Class.forName(DRIVER);
   } catch (Exception e) {}

  String sql = "select * from table_a";
   try {
   conn = DriverManager.getConnection(url);
   stmt = conn.createStatement();
   rst = stmt.executeQuery(sql);
   } catch (Exception e) {}

   sql = "select * from table_b";
   try {
   conn = DriverManager.getConnection(url);
   stmt = conn.createStatement();
   rst = stmt.executeQuery(sql);
   } catch (Exception

   sql = "select * from table_c";
   try {
   conn = DriverManager.getConnection(url);
   stmt = conn.createStatement();
   rst = stmt.executeQuery(sql);
   } catch (Exception

   ... CODE TAIL ...

Title: BugRat Report # 729

BugRat Report # 729

Project: Tomcat Release: tomcat version 3.1
Category: Bug Report SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: webbug State: received
Confidence: public

Submitter: Anan T.L. ( [EMAIL PROTECTED] )