on 1/11/01 6:32 PM, "Geoff Soutter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think the real problem with the whole JSP/WebMacro/XMLC/ASP/CF scenario is
> that HTML itself mixes presentation with logic to the point where any
> solution which needs to generate HTML is naturally going to be hacky.

I don't agree in the Velocity/WM case because there really isn't any "logic"
that you can embed into your HTML in this case.

> Certainly I've never seen what I consider to be a clean way of letting HTML
> people do HTML and Java people do Java. Yes, I've seen some that are better
> than others (XMLC is probably the cleanest I've seen)

XMLC has the disadvantage of being entirely push based. It requires changes
to your Java code in order to change your HTML. That is bad.

>, but there are always
> problems if you consider anything other than completely simplistic examples.
> Witness Jon's Pull Model document... :-)
>
> Geoff

I'm confused by that statement. Please explain.

-jon