[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> [...]
> This mail doesn't "commit" yourself to anything - I'm asking for your
> intention to help and what would you like to help with.

I think this is a great way to get a feel for the amount of
support before putting it up for a formal vote.

Based on the number of answers I've seen so far, I assume that
it will be put up for a vote soon. I ask, however, that you
wait with that until we have an agreement on how to interpret
our decision guidelines (or amend them if needed) for a vote
on a Release Plan. I want to avoid a "Florida recount situation",
where the rules are being made up while the votes are counted ;-)

There's a thread with the subject "Release voting rules" on the
General list. I ask that all Committers, especially PMC members,
join the discussion there so that we can get this clarified ASAP
and move on.

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gefion Software         http://www.gefionsoftware.com