How about the following:

Any bug introduced by a code change since Tomcat 3.2.1 was released MUST
be fixed.  If it worked in 3.2.1 it will work in 3.2.2.

All Bugzilla items opened against "Tocmat 3" must be marked as RESOLVED.
Those items that are not going to be fixed in Tomcat 3.2.2 will be given
a resolution of LATER.  After Tomcat 3.2.2 is released items marked LATER
will be re-opened and may then be addressed in a future release.

I am currently reviewing all open Bugzilla items and I've found several
things have have been fixed but the BugRat/Bugzilla report has not been
updated.  I would greatly appreciate it if any committer who has made
changes to the tomcat_32 branch in the last several months would make sure
that the bugs they have fixed are marked appropriately.