As you may noticed, we had few changes in the testing area:
- you can run the test from the web interface
- no special configuration - you just install the test.war and admin.war,
no more command line tweeking.
- the test .wars are built independently - we can add more tests for the
current milestone/release

We also did some tests with existing webapps ( I tested jetspeed, slide, I
know other had run other apps ).

But - we want to make sure those tests are run on multiple
platforms/configurations, and we can easily test for regressions.

I'm proposing that for M2 we start including the .war for the apps we
test, and add some "black-box" test cases.

( i.e. in test-tomcat.xml we add test cases for the existing applications
- making sure they work fine under tomcat )

We should also encourage people reporting bugs to contribute small .war
files that can reproduce the bug ( or additions to /test ). More
applications we test, more confidence we can have in the product.

Even if automating some tests is difficult, at least having a small
"manual test scenario" and making easy to run it ( by providing a common
place for all tested applications that people just have to deploy ) will
greatly enhance tc3.3 testing.