+1

There's no reason going from .java to a Class object should be any
harder than going from .class to a Class object.  If the compiler used
ClassLoader's instead of manually reading .class files in through the
file system, fast in-memory compilation becomes a possibility (and
your runtime classpath becomes the same as your compiler classpath).

That said, I think javac is never going to be this compiler, at least
not any time soon.  They just re-wrote it and I doubt they'll do it
again.  A more mobile open source project like KJC is probably more
realistic.

--
Tom Reilly
Allaire Corp.