Jon Stevens wrote:

> on 2/22/01 2:55 PM, "Craig R. McClanahan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > $CATALINA_HOME/server/classes   (i.e. unpacked directory)
> > $CATALINA_HOME/server/lib/*.jar   (ie.. packed JAR files)
>
> Hmmm...I guess I just don't see the need for the /lib directory.
>
> ie:
> > $CATALINA_HOME/server/classes   (i.e. unpacked directory)
> > $CATALINA_HOME/server/*.jar   (ie.. packed JAR files)
>
> Oh well, I missed the vote. Probably to late now. Not a big deal. I will
> update my Scarab CVS to reflect this new system.

You need to do this anyway ... the vintage of Tomcat 4.0 that you have is out
of date, and in particular the whole session persistence thing was modified
(and tested) since what you have.

Among other things, that is why you don't see logging messages related to
sessions and attributes being persisted -- that was added more recently.

I'm going to do my tests with current CVS code of Tomcat 4.0.

> thanks,
>
> -jon

Craig