The client (most notably, the browser) closed the socket. Maybe the user hit
the "Stop" button. Maybe the browser crashed. You can pretty much ignore
this, however you must be aware that writing to servlet's output stream can
result in this exception at any time (as users are free to hit "Stop" at any
time during connection).

Attila.