Hi Antony,

Normally 3.2 is frozen, and only bug fixes should go in.

But the good news is that for what you want, only a simple add-on module
is needed ( and if it's available before 3.2 is final, we can probably
include it in package - if not it'll be a separate download ).

It should be reasonably easy -  all you need to do is implement a module,
with setters for all properties that you need for configuration, using the
Simple or JDBC authenticators as a template.

In 3.2 you'll need to implement authorize() and authenticate() hooks.

Tomcat 3.x doesn't care how the authentication is done - it just calls the
authentication chain and if a module returns OK and sets the roles then
everything is ok. ( same model as in Apache/IIS/NES )

In 3.3 the auth code has been cleaned and reorganized, but it works in the
same way.

Please let me know if you need any help ( Nacho is probably a better
source :-), it would be a great contribution.

Costin