On Thu, 22 Mar 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> You are 100% correct.  Let me give a bit more detail.  Covalent is
> currently using APR in many of our modules that work with Apache 1.3.
> This is actually harder than a module that works with a different web
> server, because there are some overlapping concepts that don't match
> exactly between APR and Apache 1.3.

Ryan,

Using APR ( or beeing able to use APR when ready ) was one of the design
decisions in mod_jk, and most of the "generic" code was done using similar
"interfaces" ( with what was at that time in APR ).

We all agree APR is a great piece of code - the only problem is finding
the right time to switch to it. And having APR released and tested with
other servers ( IIS, NES, AOLServer ) is important.

One question - is it possible to build only a subset of APR ( i.e. the
set of functions that are actually used ) ?

Costin