On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Aaron Mulder wrote:

>       I'm wondering if Tomcat won't eventually have a separate custom DD
> for WARs (like WEB-INF/tomcat-web.xml or whatever), in which case we'd
> want to create a Tomcat plugin in addition to the standard servlet spec.

That would be great, a deployment tool is one of the biggest missing
things in tomcat. At least in 3.3 we do use a conf/app-xxx.xml ( which is
not included in the original WAR - since it can contain security-related
settings ). The WAR and web.xml should contain all the informations, the
extra config is used only to tune server-specific configurations
( like log, auth, etc - very specific to the server installation )

I'll download it right now.