--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >   Temporary(?) fix to stop crashes when creating a
> new Session in
> > embedded use of Jasper (i.e. as standalone
> JspServlet ).  Problem may
> > occur in other situations as well, I'm not sure.
> >
> I looked at that and I couldn't reproduce it - are
> you sure you have the
> right configuration ( i.e. SessionIdGenerator
> included in server.xml ) ?

No, SessionIdGenerator was not included, I have a
customized server.xml because I need to test both
jasper with tomcat and then jasper in weblogic (as
well as other reasons).  I'll update my server.xml and
I predict that will fix the problem.  I now see that
server.xml was beeing updated in my cvs logs, but
failed to account for the change in my own version.

However, this does point to the need for default
behavior of tomcat session generation code (or any
interceptor or module code) in the absence of expected
configuration info in server.xml.

Mel