>Hi, all!
>I've made a little modification in Tomcat 3.2.1 codebase that
>I think would
>be nice to include in TC 3.2.2.
>
>Problem: shutdown script always connects to "localhost" to
>send shutdown command.
>It is a problem on a "multihomed" machine running multiple
>tomcats where
>tomcats use same port numbers but bound to different IP
>adresses using inet=""
>configuration option in server.xml.

Hey do you really want someone outside you machine send a shutdown
command to your tomcats ?

Warning, Warning here. The "localhost" is used here for security
reasons. I didn't understand why your multihomed machine couldn't
listen on localhost ?

Thanks to give us more informations, for example did you use multiples
JVMs ?