From: Bip Thelin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2001 4:48 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Class Loader Problem?

"Wildeboer, Tonnis" wrote:

> [...]
>
> I have gone so far as completely removing VCALookup.class from my classes
> directory and I still get the same Exception.
> I also tried instantiating the class from a different file (first line of
my
> doGet()) and still get the same Exception.
> I copied a known good class (my servlet class), renamed it to
> VCALookup.class, same Exception.

Ok, this is what the Javadocs say about java.lang.ClassFormatError.

<snip>
Thrown when the Java Virtual Machine attempts to read a class file and
determines that the file is malformed or otherwise cannot be interpreted as
a class file.
</snip>

I interpret this as that the classloader are _finding_ the class but has
problems
What is this file/class? Something you copied from somewhere? Could it be
that
you are missing an inline class for VCALookup? i.e.
VCALookup$<inlineclass>.class
I would think that there's something wrong with the VCALookup class, if it
couldn't
find the file you wou'd have gotten a ClassNotFoundException. Is VCALookup
refering
to any other classed that you've missed to bring to your Tomcat env?

> 2001-05-01 04:19:15 - Ctx(  ): Exception in: R(  + /csp + /+cfi/login) -
> java.lang.ClassFormatError: VCALookup (Truncated
>  class file)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Compiled Code)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Compiled Code)
>         at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Compiled Code)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Compiled Code)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$1(Compiled Code)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Compiled Code)
>         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Compiled Code)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Compiled Code)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Compiled Code)
>         at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Compiled Code)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Compiled Code)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.loader.AdaptiveClassLoader.loadClass(Compiled
> Code)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Compiled Code)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Compiled Code)
>         at MediatorAgent.printTemplateResponse(Compiled Code)
>         at MediatorAgent.printResponse(MediatorAgent.java:606)
>         at MainVCAServlet.doGeneral(Compiled Code)
>         at MainVCAServlet.doGet(MainVCAServlet.java:196)
>         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:286)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
>         at

> 7)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
>         at

> onnectionHandler.java:210)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(Compiled Code)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(Compiled
> Code)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

Sorry I can't help you more.

        ..bip