On Sun, 27 May 2001, Jon Stevens wrote:

> on 5/27/01 5:54 PM, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > It's a matter of principle here - the fact that some mail clients or
> > editors chose to ignore standards and common practices doesn't mean the
> > standard itself is bad and shouldn't be used.
> >
> > Costin
>
> Making developers jump through hoops (such as using a particular mail
> client) in order to participate in Tomcat development is not good for the
> project.
>
> Also, this has nothing to do with "standards". People should be able to
> choose whatever font they want to read their email.

It has all to do with "standards". Tabs have been used for indentation for
at least the last 15 years ( that's when I started playing with computers-
and the tab was there ).

A program to display a simple fixed-font text with tabs is quite trivial
- and it's not "jumping through hoops".

I guess that's enough talking with someone who calls me stupid, need to
check my mail filters now.