>> Oh, BTW, I don't want to see libtool used anywhere... The
>would would be a
>> better place without that evil thing... (Doesn't run on OS/X)
>
>You mean it does not support OS/X yet or that is buggy?
>What about aplibtool?

I used to be a Mac Developpers (10 years ago) and allways like
this platform even if I didn't have one no more ;(

libtool is used in major Unix project and discarding this tool
for it's 'actual' OS/X incompatibility seems a bad idea.

It will help remove HUGE quantity of questions like

HOW TO BUILD XXX under HP-UX 10, AIX 4.2, SUN-OS 4.1, SOLARIS 8, LINUX 2.4,

>I agree that libtool could be an evil thing.
>I will try to use LD and CC instead libtool or shlibtool when
>it is possible.

When building shared libs, libtool will be our friend.