On Tue, 5 Jun 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, GOMEZ Henri wrote:
>
> > That was asked many time before but .....
> >
> > What about creating a sub project jakarta-tomcat-realms ????
>
> What about jakarta-tomcat-modules ?
>
> Connector is a big enough thing, same for jasper, but we shouldn't create
> a repository for each type of module ( we could also have loggers,
> session managers, etc )

To say nothing of the fact that Realm implementations (for example) are
not at all portable due to the different architectural world views about
whether a Realm should know anything about the rest of the container.  Or
the fact that Tomcat 4.0 realm implementations are free to assume a Java2
base platform, while realms for Tomcat 3.x should not.

Craig