Subject: RE: 'localhost' v '127.0.0.1' in workers.properties
   Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 16:48:07 -0500
   From: "Burgess, Jay" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
     To: "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I've got problems sending to the newsgroup, but I thought I'd reply
personally, in case it helps.

Are you definitely having problems with both 2000 and NT, or maybe just
2000?  I found a bug with InetAddress.getLocalHost() on WIN2000, and
maybe it's related to the way Tomcat works internally.  The code below
shows it best:

    try {
        localHost = InetAddress.getLocalHost();
        //
        //  Because of a bug on WIN 2000, getLocalHost() may
        //  return 0.0.0.0, for this machine.  Clear localHost
        //  flag so we can try again below.
        //
        if (localHost.getHostAddress().equals("0.0.0.0")) {
            localHost = null;
        }
    }
    catch (UnknownHostException e) {
    }
    //
    //  If we haven't succeeded yet, try the loopback address.
    //
    if (localHost == null) {
        try {
            localHost = InetAddress.getByName("127.0.0.1");
        }
        catch (UnknownHostException e2){
            throw (new Exception("Unable to resolve local host name."));

        }
    }

Jay

-- Jay Burgess