> > 3) How about putting all the installation and configuration of Tomcat
> > standalone first, and then followed by some chapters (advanced topics)
about
> > Running Tomcat behind web servers?
>

> It's already organized that way. See the first paragraph of the
> "editorial notes:"
>  >>I think there should be a
>  >>chapter or series of chapters on installing Tomcat standalone, that
>  >>covers *everything* or almost everything start-to-finish. Then we also
>  >>need separate chapters for installing behind each Web server. Then
>  >>come chapters on administration and advanced configuration issues.
>
> I have a feeling you may have missed the attachment. See the post I just
> made for the latest one (in much detail).

Alex,

What I mean is to swap Part II with Part III like below:

I. Standalone Installation Guide
II. Deploying and Configuring, or Tomcat Administrator's Guide
III. Installation Behind a Web Server Guide
IV. Performance Tuning Guide
V. Tomcat Developer's Guide (writing code for Tomcat itself)

I treat "Installation Behind a Web Server Guide" as advanced topics.  For
general tomcat users, they should be more interested in configuring Tomcat
than in making it running behind web server.

Punky