Oops,

That's right, you can read any file you want from WEB-INF/classes using
getResource() (which is probably what you are doing) -- that is implemented
correctly in AdaptiveClassLoader.  If you want to find all resources of a
specified name (for example, you have a properties file of the same name at
the web-application level and the system level, and you want to concatenate
values from both places together), the ClassLoader class provides a
getResources() method.  (This method in turn calls findResources which is
supposed to be implemented in all subclasses of ClassLoader, but isn't for
AdaptiveClassLoader)

I'm glad to know that fixed it.

David