>> Exactly the same configuration here in dev and prod.
>> Redhat 6.x, TC 3.2.3/3.3 and mod_jk / ajp13
>> Never go any problems
>
>then we have to switch to ajp13 (not in a rush though,
>mod_jserv is working fine now)

Yep the old duo.

>They could have had the same bug.. So it was safer to swith back to
>mod_jserv..

If you encounter mod_jk/ajp13 bug, we'll try to fix it.
Just make sure to use the latest Tomcat 3.2.3.

>> What's libhttpd.ep ? Don't you said you're running Linux
>Redhat ? In that
>> case process name is httpd.
>part of the pstree (also looks like that with mod_jk ajp12.
>|-libhttpd.ep---10*[libhttpd.ep]
>Maby someone made a strange build of httpd, don't see the
>libhttpd.ep on my
>machine (apache 1.3.20)

Strange built should investigated as usually with DSO modules....

>> >If you want I can zip up our logfile and send it to your
>> >private mail ;-))
>>
>> Yes you could but ajp12 IS CLEARLY DEPRECATED today. Only used to
>> shutdown Tomcat.
>
>Maby a note on the jakarta site to say that it is absolutely adviced to
>switch to ajp13,because of some bugs ;-).

It's not absolutely adviced to switch to ajp13, but if
mod_jserv/ajp12 was a stable configuration, mod_jk is better
suited for ajp13 that ajp12. Just because mod_jk was really
designed to use persistant connections like ajp13 and more
effort was done on mod_jk with ajp13.

>If you have no
>intention to fix
>the ajp12, sending the zip file is not much of use I think.

There is other person on the list which could help you since still
using ajp12. You're right, I prefer spend time to fix ajp13 and start
ajp14 rather than fixing a deprecated protocol like ajp12 which
is clearly slower, didn't support SSL, more consuming in I/O bandwidth....

>If
>I have the
>problem om ajp13, I will notify you right away ;-)

And I'll fix it