"Pier P. Fumagalli" wrote:

> The CVS repo is jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp
> Build both the module and the java part... Follow the README.

It didn't work.  Same behavior: Catalina runs
fine standalone, and the Warp port is definitely
being listened to, but when Apache tries to deploy a Webapp,
it hangs and libhttpd dumps core.

Actually, the behavior is *worse* now than it was before;
Apache dumps core just when attempting to use some of
the mod_webapp directives, and never comes up.
Before, the "info" app could be loaded/run; now it does not.
A recap:

        - webapp connector hot from CVS today
        - apr hot from CVS today
        - catalina from last night's nightly build
        - SunOS clin5 5.8 Generic_108528-07 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60
        - Apache 1.3.20
        - gcc 2.95.2

I have now spent almost 2 weeks on this; this is driving
me crazy...

1.  Why is Apache hanging and *dumping core*
    when it tries to deploy a webapp?
    It has no problem with other shared libs.
    Why such a bad bad reaction?

2.  Dynamic loading is definitely working fine.
    My test libfoo.so works perfectly.
    No core dump, nothing.  The only problem is mod_webapp.

3.  Can anyone help me determine *where* the problem is?
    I can put my catalina up and you can hit the examples
    via warp, if that will tell you something useful.
    I don't know if it's...

        apache 1.3.20
        mod_webapp
        mod_so
        catalina
        warp.jar
        dld
        ?

4.  When I build apache, what do I have to do so that
    apxs has "gcc" instead of "ld" as its linker?
    I had to shoehorn that directly into the apxs script.
    But again, mod_foo is fine.

n.  Can someone PLEASE make a mod_webapp.so binary for Solaris 5.8
    available, built against apache 1.3.20 and dld?

Sorry to whine.  I'm an open-source distributor myself
(http://www.zeegee.com/code/perl), so I'm appreciative
of the thankless tasks y'all have.  I'd like to help you ferret
out these problems, for my sake and others...

--
Eryq, http://www.zeegee.com/eryq
WANTED:  Schrodinger's Cat.  Dead and/or Alive.