What about adding warp protocol to mod_jk and
may be adding with functionnalities from ajp14 ?

Of course in J-T-C, since mod_jk in J-T must be
freezed.

ajp14 and warp are very similar, they use the same
(it seems) logon system (using md5),
and differents protocol encoding but since
ajp14 is still experimental, it could be
changed in using warp packet system.

I've got some questions here :

In ajp14, the JkAutoMount was designed to help
web-server knows about URL/URI handled by the
remote tomcat (examples/*.jsp, examples/servlet/*).

JkAutoMount * myworker

This allow us to remove the need of configuring
these mappings in httpd.conf.

More in ajp14, the AutoMount key is the Virtual,
if a Virtual section is present in Tomcat we
could be sure that a Virtual section in Web-Server
will get mappings only for the corresponding
Virtual of Tomcat.

<Virtual myhost1 >

JkAutoMount myhost1 myworker

</Virtual>

Did there is the same strategy in mod_webapp ?

May be the local Apache Gurus (JF, Ryan) could tell
us if we could avoid to set myhost1 in <Virtual> ?

The VirtualHostName must be present somewhere in
Apache Recs...

-
Henri Gomez                 ___[_]____
EMAIL : [EMAIL PROTECTED]        (. .)