Hi,

I have just set up my first Tomcat installation.

Under webapps, I have defined a context "mycontext". Within this there is a
dir for my JSP's called "jsp". Like this:

/mycontext/jsp/mypage.jsp

>From the JSP page, I post a form to my servlet "myservlet" placed in a
WEB-INF/classes dir. Like this:

/mycontext/WEB-INF/classes/myservlet

And here is my problem: When accessing the JSP page for the first time, a
brand new session is initialized (cookie based). But when posting to the
Servlet it starts yet another new session! WHY is this? I thought the
session would be shared across JSP and Servlets within the same context.

I have tried this with both Tomcat 3.1.1 and Tomcat 3.2.3 with the same
result. The JSP and Servlets are running under default configuration for the
/webapps directory.

Please help me out here.

/Stefan