On Mon, 1 Oct 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Sep 2001, Remy Maucherat wrote:
>
> > > Hi Remy,
> > >
> > > Can you explain a bit what's this ActionCode ? I understant it as a hook
> > > mechanism, and I like that - but I'm not sure I like the implementation.
> >
> > Ok. The "action" thing is not a generic event mechanism. Remember, the name
> > was listener, but you complained about that, and I changed it. The point is
> > just to be able to expose a bit the underlying connection control. The event
> > / hook / handler / valve / interceptor is on the application side, and is
> > something else altogether. Do I need to change the name again ?

Actually, forget about ints - my mistake. You can add a lot more to
ActionCode later, and then the fact it's an object will help :-)

BTW, I didn't say I don't like 'listeners', just that I prefer to use the
name Listener if it implements the 'typical' Even/Listener model, it's
confusing ( at least for me ) to have the name but not the pattern.