Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> On Mon, 1 Oct 2001, Aaron Bannert wrote:
>
> > What are the main advantages to using an in-process VM as opposed
> > to an out-of-process VM bridged over some form of IPC (like
> > mod_webapp/mod_jk/mod_jserv)?
>
> Well, using in-process VM ( like mod_jk ) has many more benefits than
> just reduced request/response latency.

I was thinking that maybe we could actually start running Tomcat inside the
kernel process itself. It worked for IIS ...

... until the latest generation of worm authors remembered that something
running in the kernel space has all sorts of fun permissions to the entire
filesystem. Now *that's* In-Process, baby!

Just a little Monday humor :)

- Christopher

/**
 * Pleurez, pleurez, mes yeux, et fondez vous en eau!
 * La moitié de ma vie a mis l'autre au tombeau.
 *    ---Corneille
 */