Hi,

Exactly.
I'm coding it right now - looks like CompileContext is enough - I'll post
when I finish of course.

> > I'm sure you see the similarity to .JSP now.
> if my interpretation is correct, yes (o:
>
> > While it may seem basic, having API for this wouldn't hurt.
> > Possible scenario:
> > Supponse, there's some kind of mail server with *extremely* complicated
> > rule-set in form of 200kb+ xml. Why not take it, convert it into .java
> > implementing some interface, convert it to java source with
> hundreds if not
> > more ifs and cases, and load it as compiled code.
> > What I need: since JDK 1.4b2, tools.jar just isn't what it used
> to be... so
> > I need some kind of 100% java java compiler. And, I have no
> idea where to
> > search for one. Of course, there's dozens, but it must be both
> stable and
> > compatible with JDK 1.1 - 1.4.
> Short of searching google, which I'm sure you're already doing I cant help
> you there.  What I can suggest though, is for source code generation, a
> project called Jenesis (http://www.inxar.org) which provides a nice API
> based on the Java Language spec.

Generating source is out of scope of this project.
I need it mainly for the complicated configs etc - no point in generating
structure out of xml which is then analyzed everytime when you can compile
it into bytecode. I'm sure it's possible to do xml-config to java-source
transformation in xsl, but I don't like it personally, so I'll leave it to
someone else.

> cheers
> dim

Greetings, deacon Marcus
~~~~~
HELP STARVING JAVA PROGRAMMER: If you need cheap and reliable JSP hosting,
please contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] (from 12$/m for 50mb WWW + 20mb mail)