Bip Thelin wrote:

> [...]

Actually, SsiInvokerServlet has a static reference to SsiMediator.
Furthermore, all of SsiMediators fields are static.

A simple test case that I use is a .shtml page that includes the same
.shtml page twice.  Only the first one will actually be included
because of the way the Request object in SsiMediator is overwritten.

> However if pageA includes pageB, if pageB is also an shtml/ssi file it
> would have a new fresh enviroment and could not tamper with pageA's
> enviroment.
>
> So you could easily do a set command simmilar to the config command.

Actually, includes should share the environment of the parent...
in fact, if they set server variables the parent will see them.

> > Since I'm between assignments at the moment, I'm working on a patch
> > here locally.  It's pretty significant, though, so it may take me a
> > few days.  It will include the set command though since that's what
> > I'm going to use to test it. :)
>
> Patches and additions are gladly appreciated.

Cool.  I'm almost done refactoring.  I'm basically replacing the
SsiMediator with an SsiEnvironment that is then stuck into a
request attribute.  In the process, I'm moving some things around
a little since all of the commands were relying on the fact that
they were SsiMediator subclasses... and therefore directly accessing
the static fields of SsiMediator.

Hopefully I'll have something done in the morning.  Even more
hopeful, it will be worth committing. ;)  We'll see...
-Paul Speed