I believe mod_jk's JkMount currently only accepts mappings in the
form:

    JkMount /path/*
    JkMount /path/*.ext

Something like:

    JkMount /path/*something

is another way of saying:

    JkMount /path/*

which makes the other settings written irrelevant since all
requests will be mapped to Tomcat.  See the:

    /* context based */
    asterisk[1] = '\0';

in jk_uri_worker_map.c file.

Tomcat 3.3 deals with this by having the generated mod_jk.conf
use the "JkMount /path/*" approach by default.  If you add
forwardAll="false" to the ApacheConfig line in server.xml,
it will write a mod_jk.conf similar to that of Tomcat 3.2.x,
but with additional mappings.  These additional mappings for
the context will include one like the following:

    JkMount /examples/jsp/security/login/j_security_check  ajp13

If you want "j_security_check" to work in Tomcat 3.2.x without
mapping all requests to Tomcat, you will need to add mappings
like this.  It is beyond the scope of Tomcat 3.2.x development
to back port Tomcat 3.3's behavior to Tomcat 3.2.x.

Cheers,
Larry