This depends on the version of Tomcat, and to some extent whether you are
running Tomcat behind another web server.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Hu, Xuebing" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2001 11:57 AM
Subject: How does Tomcat handle discarded-request

> > Hi,
> >
> > I issues to Tomcat one request which takes kind of long time to
response, when the backend servlet or bean is working on the result, I just
can not wait and clicked somewhere on my browser page to issue another
request, in this case, I am wondering what Tomcat to do with the previous
working servlet, is it still runing until finish or Tomcat just kill the
thread and force it stop.

> > The question is closely related to connection pool, without the work
finish, the connection will not be returned to pool in working bean or
servlet, I suppose that Tomcat keeps the servlet thread running until it
finishes, otherwise, there is no way for the servlet to finish his work and
return connection.

> > Any response is appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > David
> >

> --
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

*----*

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) listed above
as the intended recipient(s), and may contain information that is
PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not an intended recipient,
you may not read, copy, or distribute this message or any attachment.
If you received this communication in error, please notify us immediately
by e-mail and then delete all copies of this message and any attachments.

In addition you should be aware that ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail sent
through the Internet is not secure. Do not send confidential or sensitive
information, such as social security numbers, account numbers, personal
identification numbers and passwords, to us via ordinary (unencrypted)
e-mail.