>> Environment is httpd 1.3.22, built with mod_ssl 2.8.5. The
>only changes to
>> httpd.conf were to make the WebApp connection and
>WebAppDeploy of examples.
>>
>> It looks like it's seg faulting on trying to get the ssl key size in
>> mod_webapp.c, at rec->ssld->size = atoi(ssl_tmp). I suspect that
>> SSL_CIPHER_USEKEYSIZE isn't in the environment, which is
>where ssl_temp has
>> just been read from.
>
>I will have a look to it... Has it is my bad...

Normal, you need to have the SSLVars exported by mod_ssl.

>From :
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/tomcat-ssl-howto.html

When using mod_jk with Apache & mod_ssl, it is essential to specify
"SSLOptions +StdEnvVars +ExportCertData" in the httpd.conf file.

Otherwise, mod_ssl will not produce the neccessary environment variables for
mod_jk.
from (Tilo Christ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>).