Chad Johnson wrote:

> Hey,
>   Pier can correct me on this, but I believe mod_webapp is still beta
> quality.  So grabbing whats in CVS is a safe bet.  The binarys that come
> with Tomcat 4.0.1 have some bugs that have since been corrected (ie only
> being able to reference web apps in $CATALINA_HOME/webapps).

I don't think Pierre will correct you very soon, because I believe he's
gonna be offline for quite some time (I read somewhere he's gonna travel
a lot).
But I believe you're correct on this one, grabbing something from cvs
(or a nightly build) is better, because a few import bugs have been fix
in cvs, but not in the version that's included in Tomcat4.0.1.

Maybe someone of the Tomcat developers (that's why I'm cc-en this to
tomcat-dev) could update the official version, or are there any bugs to
be fixed in cvs?

Gerard