On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, Tom Drake wrote:

> Costin:
>
> Where does Manager get the 'route id' from.

Easiest: from server.xml ( just add an option somewhere
that can be set on the Manager ). I would make it a
property of server or service, as it is an id for
the running instance of tomcat.
That require setting exactly the same id as the worker
name in workers.properties.

Harder: the information is sent by apache
along with the request. You can check ( in AjpRequest )
if Manager has a 'id' set, and if not set it.

That will not solve the problem of 'multiple workers
for the same tomcat' - but that shouldn't affect 4.0
( since a single worker type is available - ajp13 ),
and will not be a problem in jk2 ( or if it is, we'll
solve it then )

Costin