From: "Larry Isaacs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 6:47 PM
Subject: RE: KPMG-2002003: Bea Weblogic DOS-device Denial of Service

I was too optimistic after testing only with Win98.  I get the same problem
with Win2k.

As you have probably already discovered, FileUtil.savePath() blocks the
attempt to read
aux.jsp.  So getting past the version file safely should be sufficient.
Updating the mangler
looks like it would work, though the fix is only as good as our list of DOS
devices.
I'm aware of:

CON
NUL