GOMEZ Henri wrote:

> >I am playing with jk2 and I have noted that the loadNative()
> >in AprImpl fails:
> >+++
> >java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
> >/home/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1/webapps/jk/WEB-INF/jk2/jni/l
> >ibapr.so:
> >/home/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1/webapps/jk/WEB-INF/jk2/jni/l
> >ibapr.so:
> >undefined symbol: crypt
> >        at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
> >        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1382)
> >        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1277)
> >        at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Runtime.java:698)
> >        at java.lang.System.load(System.java:797)
> >        at org.apache.jk.apr.AprImpl.loadNative(AprImpl.java:90)
> >        at org.apache.jk.apr.AprImpl.loadNative(AprImpl.java:78)
> >        at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelUn.init(ChannelUn.java:135)
> >+++
> >The problem is that apr needs other dynamic library.
> >
> >How should we solve the problem?:
> >System.load()) The list of
> >needed library is in APRVARS.
>
> Did the System.load code known it's running on an APR
> platform ? if so may be fine to add the needed libs there.

That is not very easy APRVARS contains for example:
EXTRA_LIBS="-lm -lcrypt -lnsl  -ldl"
We may have to make a
load("/usr/lib/libm.so");load("/usr/local/bin/libcrypt.so");...

loadlibrary looks more easy but it loads only library in $JAVA_HOME/lib (Correct
me if I have wrong!).

> >2 - Link jni_connect.so against a static libapr.a (like in
> >mod_webapp for
> >Apache-1.3).
> >    something like: gcc -shared -lm -lcrypt -lnsl -ldl -o
> >jni_connect.so ...
> >libapr.a
>
> the -lcrypt will need an update of build.xml ?

Yep! The build.xml must be changed to a the content of EXTRA_LIBS it has to read
from the file APRVARS.