Hi,

I saw that Tomcat 4.0.2 beta 2 distribution contains directories
webapps/tomcat-docs/catalina/docs/api and
webapps/tomcat-docs/jasper/docs/api, which include Javadocs for Tomcat code.
It seems to me that these are only of interest to developers who want to
develop Tomcat and Tomcat extensions, but not to average web application
developers, users and administrators. Those who want to develop Tomcat will
need to download/check out sources so they can build the Javadoc from
sources. Webapps developers have all they need in Tomcat even without these
directories.

Given that the API documentation significantly increases the size of the
Tomcat download bundle, and given its limited usefulness, couldn't these
directories be removed from the Tomcat build ?

Thanks
Petr