Hi,

After some testing, I have made some observations that might be worth
something, or maybe not...

I installed Redhat 7.2 w/tomcat3.3a-2.  I used all RPMS to do this
(including the tomcat-mod-3.3-1 rpm.)  I got the stack space error.  So,
I installed a redhat 7.1, same exact tomcat RPM's, and it worked fine..
So, I applied all the update RPM's from the redhat errata, and the stack
space error came back.  The RPM's included kernel 2.4.9-21 and
glibc-2.2.4-19.3 (and of course a bunch more that probably don't matter)
I am still using the IBM 1.3 JDK.

It appears that if I don't update reddhat 7.1's glibc RPM's, everything
should be fine.

I think I might have seen something else on the list about glibc, so
apologies if this is all just redundant..

thx,

-Ray